HOW TO READ A LABEL FOR A PEANUT-FREE DIET
AVOID FOODS THAT CONTAIN PEANUTS OR ANY OF THESE INGREDIENTS:
- Artificial nuts
- Beer nuts
- Cold pressed, expelled, or extruded peanut oil
- Ground nuts
- Mixed nuts
- Monkey nuts
- Nut pieces
- Peanut butter
- Peanut flour
MAY INDICATE THE PRESENCE OF PEANUT PROTEIN:
- African, Asian (especially Chinese, Indian, Indonesian, Thai, and Vietnamese) and Mexican dishes
- Baked goods (pastries, cookies, etc.)
- Candy (including chocolate candy)
- Egg Rolls
- Enchilada sauce
- Flavoring (including natural and artificial)
KEEP THE FOLLOWING IN MIND:
- Studies show most allergic individuals can safely eat peanut oil (not cold pressed, expelled, or extruded peanut oil).
- Arachis oil is peanut oil.
- Experts advise patients allergic to peanuts to avoid tree nuts as well.
- A study showed that unlike other legumes, there is a strong possibility of cross reaction between peanuts and lupine.
- Sunflower seeds are often produced on equipment shared with peanuts.
Choose your preferred location